Rules and FAQs
Here at CoCo Key, your safety and comfort are our first priority. Our staff takes pride in being vigilant in our awareness of everything and everyone in our pools. Periodically we may insert one of our (mannequins Timmy or Buddy) into our pools to test our lifeguards and ensure vigilance and awareness. Our lifeguards have been trained through the Red Cross Lifeguarding Program which combines the best in swim instruction with a strong emphasis on drowning prevention and water safety. Our motto simply stated is "Your safety comes first".
Rules and Regulations
- No masks allowed
- No outside food or beverage allowed
- No smoking
- No flotation devices, unless approved by a supervisor.
- Please obey the lifeguards and water resort staff at all times.
- Use of Coco Key water resort requires a valid wristband.
- Proper swimming attire is required, no cut offs, wet suits or swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, metal ornamentation or loose strings.
- Any child under the age of three is required to wear approved aquatic diapers at all times while in the water park. Additionally any child three years of age or older who is not potty trained (still regularly wears diapers) is required to wear approved aquatic diapers at all times while in the water park. Approved aquatic diapers are available at the water park front desk for a nominal fee. Please use the changing facilities located in the rest rooms to change diapers.
- Park hours, activities and ride are subject to change on occupancy and management discretion.
- No refunds due to circumstances beyond our control.
- CoCo Key water resort maintains a tobacco free environment.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the water resort.
- Management reserves the right to suspend privileges or refuses admittance to any person failing to comply with regulations.
- Management reserves the right to limit admission.
- Lifeguards enforce rules and respond to any aquatic emergences, but parents are ultimately responsible for the safety of their children.
- Failure to follow rules and use common sense may result in serious injury to yourself or others.
- Each attraction is unique and may not be suitable for all ages.
- Additional rules and requirements such as height restrictions and rules of behavior are posted at each attraction for you safety.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for directly supervising their children for the entire visit.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Children under 5 years of age must be within arms reach of an adult at all times.
- Please do not run, push, play rough, sit or stand on shoulders in the pool, or on the deck areas.
- CoCo Key is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Coolers, glass and outside food and beverages oar not allowed in the water resort.
- Rafts, balls, flotation devices, snorkels, chairs and toys are prohibited in the water resort.
- Diaper changing is allowed in the restrooms only. Changing stations are provided.
- CoCo Key has a very limited number of life vests available to loan for guests that are non-swimmers on a first come, first served basis. We encourage guests to bring their own however they must be US Coast Guard approved.
- Be sure to bring your towel from home. CoCo Key has gone Green so to save on energy consumption, towels are not provided for guests.
- No cameras or video recording equipment are allowed in locker rooms.
- Please be aware that the water resort environment can be damaging to electronic equipment.
- CoCo Key water resort is an aquatic environment. Be prepared to get wet.
What are check-in and check-out hours for the hotel?
What are the hours for CoCo Key Water Resort?
Check-in time for your hotel room is 4:00 PM. or later, though every effort will be made to honor early check-in requests. Water park guests may use the water park and changing facilities beginning at 12:00 PM. on their arrival day. Check-out time from your hotel room is 11:00 AM. Strict compliance ensures arriving water resort guests timely access to clean accommodations. Departing water resort guests are welcome to make complete use of CoCo Key Water Resort and changing facilities until the water park closes on the day of their departure. However, guests must vacate their room by 11:00 AM on their scheduled departure date at which time the key card will expire. Lockers are available for rent within the water park area for visitors to use
Are towels provided or do guests bring their own?
Note our Calendar page has the daily times of operation listed. Hours vary depending on school calendars and holidays. We suggest that you always check our calendar page or call us at (815) 398-6000 for accurate times and schedules.
What is the cost for the CoCo Key Water Resort to a Clock Tower Resort guest?
Be sure to bring your towel from home. CoCo Key has gone Green so to save on energy consumption, towels are not provided for guests.
How long are the wristbands valid?
Water park access is included with the purchase of a water park package room. Packages include CoCo Key Water Resort access for up to 4 people per room.
If you are staying at the Clock Tower Resort without a water park package you may still purchase day passes to spend the day at the water park!
Can CoCo Key Indoor Water Resort be reserved for parties without an overnight guest room?
Daily color-coded wristbands will be issued at hotel check-in. Wrist bands entitle you to use of the water resort the day you check in, as well as until 3:00 PM the day you check out.
Is CoCo Key Water Resort close to the Clock Tower Resort?
CoCo Key Water Resort accepts reservations for birthday parties and groups without an overnight guest room on a space available basis. Visit our groups and parties page for more information on birthday party packages or call our birthday party and group Sales Manager at (815) 229-4573. We would be happy to help you plan a birthday party or group outing that will have the kids raving for years to come!
Is a traditional swimming pool available?
The water park is attached to the Clock Tower Resort on the ground level.
Are there lockers available?
In addition to CoCo Key Water Resort, the Clock Tower Resort has a traditional recreational pool located inside and outside the hotel. These pools are for use by guests of the hotel only.
Are day passes available for the use of CoCo Key Water Resort?
There are a limited number of lockers available to rent in the water park. Lockers are $8 for a large or $5 for small locker for the day plus there is a $5 deposit for lockers which is refunded with return of locker key.
Is there any place to get food and beverage at CoCo Key Water Resort?
The water park is available to registered water resort overnight package guests of the Clock Tower Resort. Day passes will be available on a capacity availability basis. Day passes can be purchased online or at the water park entrance when available.
Can baby food be brought into the water resort?
Within CoCo Key Water Resort families can enjoy our Callaloo Grille. Beverages and light snacks are also available at the Wet Rooster Bar. The Clock Tower Resort also offers the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery with mouthwatering pub fare and 32 HD TVs showing every sport under the sun.
What if my friend wants to come visit us at the CoCo Key Water Resort?
Baby bottles and commercial baby food are welcome. Please be sure to put them in plastic bottlescontainers to protect little feet!
What if I have a club or group that wants to experience the CoCo Key resort?
Only the Clock Tower Resort water resort package guests have guaranteed admission into CoCo Key Water Resort. Additional guests will be on a first-come, first-served basis, according to the water park’s capacity.
What happens if a wristband needs to be adjusted or is lost?
CoCo Key Water Resort is the ultimate place for a group outing. Special packages and rates are available. Call our Group Sales Manager at (815) 229-4575 to book your group outing today!
Are there changing areas available at CoCo Key Water Resort?
Guests with a wristband in need of an adjustment must have the Front Desk remove and replace the wristband for a $2.00 charge. Lost wristbands will be replaced with a full price fee.
What about water safety? Are there lifeguards?
There are men's, women's and family changing/rest room areas available. The changing areas come complete with lockers as well as showers.
Are there height restrictions for any of the activities in the water resort?
We are vigilant about the safety and security of all guests. Red Cross* licensed lifeguards staff CoCo Key Water Resort at all times during normal operating hours. Safety rules are posted at each pool and attraction. Nevertheless, we urge parents to teach their children about water safety prior to visiting the water resort. Please be sure non-swimmers or weak swimmers wear USCGA approved life vests. A limited number of approved life vests are available for use at CoCo Key as well on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage guests to bring their own life vests from home, but the vests must be US Coast Guard approved and verifted by CoCo Key staff. The exercise pool within the Clock Tower Resort is not staffed with lifeguards and children in the exercise pool must be accompanied by an adult and no person may swim alone.
*Red Cross Lifeguarding courses combine the best in swim instruction with a strong emphasis on drowning prevention and water safety.
Are there any health restrictions relative to the water park attractions?
Yes just like any amusement attraction we also have safety standards that must followed. There is a 48" minimum height restriction on our largest body and tube slides.
Are swimming goggles permitted?
It is recommended that persons with preexisting medical conditions and women who are pregnant not participate. Each individual is encouraged to evaluate his or her own ability to participate.
Is there an arcade or game room in the water resort?
Swimming goggles are permitted with the exception of on the slides and at the discretion of the lifeguards. Flotation devices of any kind are not permitted inside the waterpark other than those provided inside the waterpark.
Are children that wear regular diapers permitted in the water resort?
Key Quest Arcade, just off the CoCo Key lobby. Key Quest Arcade features 10,000 square feet of all new electronic gaming fun for all ages.
Admission to Key Quest Arcade is FREE. Key Quest Arcade is open the same hours as CoCo Key, but hours may vary.
What is CoCo Key Water Resort's reservation and cancellation policy?
Any child under the age of three is required to wear approved aquatic diapers at all times while in the water park. Additionally any child three years of age or older who is not potty trained (still regularly wears diapers) is required to wear approved aquatic diapers at all times while in the water park. Approved aquatic diapers are available at the water park front desk for a nominal fee. Please use the changing facilities located in the rest rooms to change diapers.
Individual reservations must be guaranteed to a major credit card with the first night deposit placed on the card at the time of booking to be considered confirmed. Reservations canceled within 72 hours of the arrival date are nonrefundable. Reservations may be confirmed by check. However, checks can not be accepted for those reservations made within 8 days of an arrival date. For Water Park Group and Birthday Party Package reservations and cancellation policies, please call (815) 229-4575.
Is there a dress code in the resort?
CoCo Key Water Resort takes the safety of our guests very seriously. As a result we follow specific guidelines with regards to inclement weather. During periods of inclement weather some or all attractions may cease operation temporarily. This includes outdoor attractions as well as indoor attractions which are affected by lightning storms. In the event that some or all attractions are temporarily shut down for inclement weather, CoCo Key will make every effort to re open attractions as soon as conditions permit safe operation.
What is the cost of admission for children under 3 years old?
Inside the resort guests wishing to participate in swimming activities must be wearing a lined swim suit. Resort attire is appropriate when inside Coco Key. Outside of the resort, shirts, Shoes, and shorts are required. This includes all lobby areas, arcade, and hotel common areas.
I have a comment/concern that I would like to speak with the Water Resort Director about. When is the best time to contact them?
Children under three years old are admitted free with a paying adult.
You may email or call and leave a message for the Water Resort Director at any time. However, as our current weekday hours vary, the best time to contact the Water Resort Director or to expect a response is Friday - Sunday.